Curry chicken salad
If you don’t think you like curry, consider this Curry Chicken Salad your gateway recipe. It's a quick and easy chicken recipe that's great for a light dinner or make-ahead lunch. I was so unsure of these flavors until my friend from college made a version when I was staying with her one weekend. I trust her taste buds and decided to try it and – Um. Yeah. Delish. Hubs was also skeptical about curry chicken salad, but the first time he tried it, he fell in love! If you're looking for an easy chicken recipe, or a way to mix-up leftover or rotisserie chicken, this curry chicken salad recipe is perfect.
Prep time: 15 MinTotal time: 15 Min
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded chicken (Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, or cooked from 1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs fresh chicken)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (Vegan mayonnaise also works great! Just make sure it's not "salad dressing")
- 1 tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mango chutney
- 1 1/2 tsp Curry powder (mild, Indian-style or madras)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup Slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/2 Cup Green grapes, halved
- 1/2 Cup Celery, finely chopped
- Hawaiian rolls, wraps or lettuce cups to make sandwiches/wraps
- Thoroughly combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, mango chutney, lemon juice and curry power in a bowl.
- Add to the chicken and any optional add-ins and mix to combine.
- Serve on Hawaiian rolls for tasty little sandwiches, on your favorite bread or wrap, or in a lettuce wrap. That’s it. It’s that easy.
Did you make this recipe?
If you want more fast and easy weeknight meal ideas featuring chicken, get our 25 min meal guide for free!